Do I need to prep before my appointment?
Prior to your appointment, try your best to arrive without any eye makeup, do not curl your lashes or wear mascara the day before and the day of your appointment. It will help minimize the cleanup time and more time for lashing. Will it ruin or cause my natural lashes to fall out?
Based on the growth cycle of eyelashes, when applying lashes, the lash stylist is trained to look for adult lashes to attach the individual synthetic lashes. Young (baby) lashes are left to allow them to fully develop and when it comes time to re-lash, we have new strong lashes to bond to. Lash extensions will not cause your natural eyelashes to fall out. Remember that your natural lashes have their own life cycle of falling and growing - as the hair found elsewhere on your body. It's hard to notice small lashes falling out, but when attached to a thicker, longer lash they become much more noticeable! Once the extensions are removed, your own eyes may appear smaller, your natural lashes, shorter and sparser because you've been accustomed to a full set of longer, thicker lashes. How long does it take to apply for lash extensions?
Lash extensions are applied while you are lying down with your eyes closed on a comfortable spa bed in a serene setting. This usually takes about 1 hour to 1.5 hours for a full set of lashes, but also depends on the set of lashes you decide to get. After prepping your lashes, your bottom lashes are protected with a gel eye pad, lash extensions are then applied 1-to-1 with medical-grade adhesive. It is a really relaxing, non-invasive treatment and most of our clients take the time to catch up on their beauty sleep! How long will my new lashes last?
Your new lashes will last between 2 to 4 weeks depending on your skincare routine and your own natural lash life cycle. To maintain the full look of your lashes, it will require you to maintain refills every 2-3 weeks. How often should I be coming in for lash refills?
We recommend getting refills every 2 to 4 weeks. If you wait too long your extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Factors such as exposure to humidity, steam or touching your eyes a lot may cause the extensions to fall quicker. Refills can take from 45 - 60 minutes, depending on the state of your remaining lashes. A good sign of when you need a refill is when your extensions are 50%-60% gone. Can I apply mascara or make-up to my lash extensions?
Do not wear the Mascara to the eyelash extensions. You can use eyeshadows or eyeliner. You can apply the mascara at the bottom of the eyelash. Also, take care in washing off all eye makeup. Only use a water-based eye makeup remover.
Can I swim, shower or exercise while wearing lash extensions? Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise. However, we recommend that you DO NOT WASH your eye area for at least 12 hours after the initial eyelash extension application. This allows the bonding agent to fully dry and prolong the life of your extensions. How do I take care of my new lash extensions?
• Do not get your lashes wet for at least 12 hours after application
• Do not go tanning for 24 hours after application
• Use an oil-free eye makeup remover • Try not to run water directly on your lashes
• Do not rub, pick or pull your eyes
• Avoid the mascara on top of the eyelashes extensions ( Bottom lashes can apply the Mascara)
• When applying mascara avoiding the root area.
• Avoid using an eyelash curler
• Try to avoid exposure to heat, steam, sauna, and friction
• Receiving chemical treatments, such as eyelash tinting or perming
• Receiving irritating eye-area treatments, such as strong chemical peels, skin resurfacing procedures, eyebrow waxing or laser treatments
• Recommend use Eyelash Foaming Cleaner to wash your eyelashes every 2 times a day. What are the different types of eyelash extension styles?